365 Days of Writing Prompts: Day 49
Far from normal
Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others
live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your
life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique,
exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
Compared to my life just a few short years ago, I do lead a rather boring life, but it is far from normal. Hell, I don’t even know what normal is and have fought hard to never even be labeled “normal.” The mere word gives me the shivers. I am not sure I can come up six unique, exciting or odd things about myself, but I will try.
- Spiritually, I am an odd mix of a practicing Buddhist and a practicing Witch. But what is even stranger than that is that I do find some comfort in the words and teachings of Jesus. This is possible for me because I believe that Jesus, just like Buddha and St. Germain, were Ascended Masters sent here to teach the world about Peace and Love.
- I love all things supernatural, paranormal, and extraterrestrial. And I don’t shy away from discussing these things.
- I have no children and have lived a singular life for the majority of my life, even though I have been married twice. Even in those marriages, I felt alone and tried to do my own things. I enjoy my solitude and aloneness. I revel in it. It feeds my soul. For me, being alone does not equate loneliness.
- I do not dress or act like a middle-aged woman. I still have some of my clothes from my Gothic-trend in my 20s and early 30s. I still wear a lot of black, crimson and burgundy. I still love the lace, crushed velvet and leather. And I refuse to allow my aging body to dictate that I am too old to dress in these fine clothes. The only difference now is that I do not still dye my hair in outrageous colors nor wear tons of dark make-up. ‘Though I would if my skin still looked porcelain under the make-up.
- If you were to visit my room at night, you would consider my surroundings quite odd. I have dark curtains up on the windows and the divider between my room and the rest of the house. My bedding is black and burgundy. There is black lace on my chest of drawers surrounded by my crystals, candles (black and burgundy) and tarot decks. There is a sense of darkness about my room and my soul at night. However, if you were to visit during the day, the curtains are pushed to the side and light streams in everywhere about the room, giving it a cheery brightness. You would notice the altar to one side that holds my statue of the Buddha, candles and incense. And my meditation pillow rests there. I guess you could say that this also matches my moods… darkness and lightness.
- Most people consider me a bit eccentric. I have schedules for everything and I generally adhere to the same routines day in and day out. This is also part of the OCD that I am afflicted with. If I deviate from my schedule too much, I get panicked. This includes having things in certain places at all times: pens don’t mingle with pencils – they have their separate holders. Notebooks don’t mingle with reading books. My coffee mug isn’t used for tea. My water glass isn’t used for other beverages. CDs are in one location and DVDs in another, etc. It is just the order of things that I must maintain, as well as keeping to my schedule.
Well, I have surprised even myself. I didn’t think there were so many unique, quirky and odd things about me. Nothing exciting, I am afraid. I don’t generally do exciting. But there you have it. I am most definitely an odd duck.
How about you? Anything unique, exciting, odd or quirky about you that you would like to share? If so, please let me know in comments. I would love to hear all about it!