30 Day Blog Challenge — Day Twenty
This should be interesting! *laughs*
1. I’ve only truly loved one man since I was 20 and even more so now at 48.
2. I never loved either of my husbands. Both times, I was “in love” with the idea of marriage and security.
3. I lived most of my life having one night stands or small “affairs” …it was hard for me to commit to relationships.
4. Some days I miss my past friend and lover “J” so deeply, all I do is cry.
5. When I think about my friend and lover “T”, all I remember is the betrayal.
6. I have only a few close friends — “L”, “B”, and “C”… They mean the world to me and I try to keep in touch with them as often as possible… they know who they are.
7. I doubt myself as a writer all of the time. My HS Creative Writing teacher told me once that I would never be a writer. Her words have stayed with me. And even though I constantly write — poetry, short fiction, personal essays — I rarely attempt to publish anything because I believe people will see me as a fraud.
8. I am selfish — with my time and my attention.
9. I prefer my own company 99% of the time. I could happily live a solitude existence, so long as I had a computer, of course.
10. I hate cellphones and I hate what they’ve done to us as a society. No one really talks to anyone these days. Mostly text messages. I’ve seen two people sit across from one another sending text messages back and forth to the other instead of having a face to face conversation. And don’t even get me started on the lack of privacy these days!